This is an invitation to partner with nearly 200 other caring women in the Monroe County area who meet quarterly for the purpose of supporting local not-for-profits that are active in our community.
Will you join us? You can find the commitment form here.
This is how it works:
- Each 100+ Women Who Care member commits for one year at a time. Commitment involves making an annual commitment donation of $100 to the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County ($50 for those in the Young Women category) and attending four one-hour meetings and pledging $100 per meeting ($50 for those in the Young Women category) to give to selected Monroe County not-for-profit organizations to help them meet immediate needs in our community. You can find the commitment form by clicking here.
- This totals $500 per year, per member, making a difference together.
- Young women age 35 and under who wish to join our group have the option of joining at a lower commitment level – $50 per year to CFBMC and $50 per quarter to the not-for-profit agency that we select at our meeting, for a total annual commitment of $250.
- CFBMC commitment donations are prorated by the quarter in which you join. All members renew on Feb. 1. Click here for the commitment form.
- At each quarterly meeting, three members of 100+ Women Who Care are chosen to promote a favorite local not-for-profit organization/agency in need of funds. Each presentation lasts no more than 10 minutes and includes a minimum of 3 minutes for questions from the group.
After all three promotions each member votes, by written ballot, for the agency of their choice. The votes are immediately counted.
The agency with the most votes is announced and each 100+ Women Who Care member writes a check directly to the selected agency. The checks are collected and passed along to the agency in a gift bag. This allows the agency to feel the huge impact 100+ Members Who Care can make together.
The meeting ends – in one hour or less. The fortunate agency chosen receives almost $20,000. Wow! Isn’t that powerful? This is community changing together. We hope you join us! You will join a group of caring women significantly impacting local not-for-profit organizations in Monroe County.
~Sincerely, 200 Women Who Care in Monroe County