100+ Women Who Care has very specific (and very low-cost) requirements for the agencies that we select for our support. The not-for-profit that we select must:
- Send appropriate thank-you letters to each individual donor, for tax purposes.
- Arrange for the presentation of checks to the Executive Director, and photos of the occasion. We will try to get as many of our members as possible to attend the presentation.
- Prepare and submit a news release for the Herald-Times, using the photograph of the check presentation.
- The Executive Director is asked to attend our next quarterly meeting, to address our group and delineate how the agency is using our donations. This is just a brief talk – about five minutes, no more – and while it is an excellent chance to thank our members for their support, it is not appropriate to ask for additional support.
- Respect the privacy of our member list. Recipient agencies must agree not to add our members to their donor databases or mailing lists. They agree not to contact individual members for any purpose once the thank-you letters have been mailed. Of course, this does not apply to any of our members already in the agency’s donor database or mailing list.