Until it is safe for us to hold our meetings in person, here are our plans for continuing to support local agencies:
- Several weeks before the meeting date, we send an email to very member announcing the opportunity to nominate a nonprofit. Instead of the 7-minute presentation, we as the nominators to include a 100-word statement describing the mission of the organization and what it would do with the funds.
- Using masks, gloves, and good social distancing practices, members of the steering committee will pull three nominations out of the basket.
- We announce the three finalists, along with the 100-word statements for each, on Mailchimp, with an opportunity to vote. All this is also announced on our Facebook page.
- On the meeting date, at 6:30 PM, when we wis we could be at the country club with a glass of wine, we gather instead on Zoom and announce the winner.
- We gather checks and online donations, and schedule the check presentation, to which members are invited an asked to wear a mask.