February 1 is now the renewal commitment date for all 100+ WWC members. In order to be eligible to nominate a not-for-profit at any of our meetings and to be eligible to vote, your membership must be current. So, please do one of the following:
- Remember to bring two checks to the Feb. 1 meeting – one made out to the Community Foundation (CFBMC) in the amount of $100 ($50 if you are 35 or younger) for your 2017 membership, and the other to make your donation to the charity we select at the meeting.
- Or bring your credit card, so you can make both donations using that method at the meeting.
- If you’re planning to renew at the meeting, please try to come early. This is our first year with a single renewal date for all members.
- If you want to beat the renewal lines, you can mail your tax-deductible commitment check to:
- 100+ Women Who Care
- 100 South College Avenue, Suite 240
- Bloomington, IN 47404
- Another option is to make your tax-deductible CFBMC commitment donation online, on the CFBMC’s “donate now” page: https://www.cfbmc.org/donate-now/. If you use this option, please use the Fund Designation section to denote the 100+ Women Who Care fund, so your gift can be properly counted.
A group of our members gathered on Monday, November 28, to present our donations to Teachers Warehouse. Thousands of children go to their classrooms each day without basic school supplies. Often, teachers in our public schools use their own money to purchase supplies and educational materials. Teachers Warehouse, a free store for South Central Indiana public school educators, serves the educational and creative needs of pre-K – grade 8 students by providing a unique means to transfer donated and surplus merchandise from businesses and individuals to classrooms in Monroe, Brown, Lawrence, Greene, and Owen Counties. What a great local resource that benefits the entire community!
Our next meeting, Wednesday, November 2, 2016, marks the start of our sixth year as a giving circle. Together, we’ve given more than half a million dollars to local not-for-profit organizations. What an impact we make, together!
Our next meeting is coming up fast – Wednesday, August 3, 2016. As usual, registration, socializing, and the bar open at 5 PM. As usual, we meet at the Bloomington Country Club, 3000 South Rogers. So what’s new? Several things:
- Every member will now have the same renewal date of February 1 every year. This means that everyone is considered a paid-up, nominating- and voting-eligible member until Feb. 1, 2017.
- The commitment amount is $100 per year, which will be prorated for new members by the quarter they join. (Feb: $100; May: $75; August: $50; November: $25. Half for Young Members.) All continuing members renew on Feb. 1 or each year.
- Following the August meeting, 100+ Women Who Care will have a new mailing address: 100+ Women Who Care, 100 South College Avenue, Suite 240, Bloomington, IN 47408.
See you at the meeting!
There’s a first time for everything, right? For the *first* time, we selected an agency to receive our donations for a *second* time. Drum roll, please: In May, we voted to support – for the second time in our five-year history – the Volunteers In Medicine (VIM) Clinic. Congratulations to Nancy Richman for her excellent presentation on VIM’s newest mission, which is to provide free dental care to the many low-income people in Monroe County who need it.
If you missed the meeting and did not send in your check with a friend, please make your $100 check out payable to Volunteers in Medicine (it’s OK to just write VIM) and mail it to:
100+ Women Who Care
101 West Kirkwood, Suite 321
Bloomington, IN 47404-6129.
We’ve scheduled the VIM check presentation for Thursday, May 26, at 2 PM, at the VIM Clinic, 811 West 2nd Street. Come for the photo/check presentation if you can!