Our next meeting is coming up fast – Wednesday, August 3, 2016. As usual, registration, socializing, and the bar open at 5 PM. As usual, we meet at the Bloomington Country Club, 3000 South Rogers. So what’s new? Several things:
- Every member will now have the same renewal date of February 1 every year. This means that everyone is considered a paid-up, nominating- and voting-eligible member until Feb. 1, 2017.
- The commitment amount is $100 per year, which will be prorated for new members by the quarter they join. (Feb: $100; May: $75; August: $50; November: $25. Half for Young Members.) All continuing members renew on Feb. 1 or each year.
- Following the August meeting, 100+ Women Who Care will have a new mailing address: 100+ Women Who Care, 100 South College Avenue, Suite 240, Bloomington, IN 47408.
See you at the meeting!
There’s a first time for everything, right? For the *first* time, we selected an agency to receive our donations for a *second* time. Drum roll, please: In May, we voted to support – for the second time in our five-year history – the Volunteers In Medicine (VIM) Clinic. Congratulations to Nancy Richman for her excellent presentation on VIM’s newest mission, which is to provide free dental care to the many low-income people in Monroe County who need it.
If you missed the meeting and did not send in your check with a friend, please make your $100 check out payable to Volunteers in Medicine (it’s OK to just write VIM) and mail it to:
100+ Women Who Care
101 West Kirkwood, Suite 321
Bloomington, IN 47404-6129.
We’ve scheduled the VIM check presentation for Thursday, May 26, at 2 PM, at the VIM Clinic, 811 West 2nd Street. Come for the photo/check presentation if you can!
As we enter our fifth year, we now offer a reduced cost to women aged 35 and younger. This is in direct response to a number of you, our members, who suggested that we make joining more accessible to younger women in our community. Women who choose this option will have full nomination and voting privileges, but their annual commitment donation to the Women Who Care endowment at the CFBMC will be $50 and each quarter they will be expected to donate $50 to the chosen organization, for a total annual commitment of $250.
Collectively, over the past 4 years, we have added more than $400,000 to the budgets of 16 local nonprofit organizations – what an AMAZING achievement.
Our next meeting is Wednesday, November 4, 2015, at the Bloomington Country Club. Socializing starts at 5:15 and our business meeting runs from 6 PM to 7 PM. Come and bring a friend! If you joined in November 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014, it is time to renew your commitment to our group. You can renew before the meeting by sending your $100 to the CFBMC, 101 West Kirkwood, Suite 321, Bloomington, IN 47404. Or bring two checks with you to the meeting – one to renew and the other to make your quarterly donation. See you soon!
There has been some confusion at our meetings about proxy votes. If you are a member in good standing of 100+ Women Who Care and you know you will miss the quarterly meeting, you can still have a voice. If you give your signed $100 check (with the “payable to” line left blank) to another member BEFORE the meeting, that member can claim your proxy at the time of registration. How can she claim your proxy? As follows:
- You give her your signed $100 check (with the “payable to” line left blank)
- She turns in your signed $100 check to the person at the registration table and signs your attendance card
- She then accepts your vote card as well as her own vote card.
- Your friend will then cast your vote along with her own after the 3 presentations
- After the votes are counted and we have chosen our recipient, we will fill in the “payable to” line for all the checks we’ve received via the proxy process.
Please note: If you are due for renewal and want to vote by proxy, you will have to give your friend two checks – one for $100 made out to the CFBMC, and the second one with the “payable to” line left blank, for the recipient agency. Let us know if you have any questions.